Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security)
(CRICOS Code: 107820H)
This qualification reflects a variety of information and communications technology roles where individuals have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills. Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions or as a business owner/ sole trader/ contractor.
The cyber security specialisation includes such skills as:
- protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans.
On successful completion of this course students are awarded ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security). This nationally recognised qualification is used by graduates to seek employment in a range of roles like:
- Cyber Security Manager
- Cyber Security Consultant
Trinity Institute (Australia) will deliver this course over 52 weeks: 36 weeks of training and assessment and 16 weeks of holidays. Training and assessment occurs over 20 hours per week during terms. It is recommended that students spend an additional 11 hours per week on study, research, practice and assessment preparation.
Trinity Institute (Australia) campuses at:
- Level 1, 43 Hunter Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
- Level 5, 770 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Credit and RPL are available to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge, or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of this course.
Please contact Team Trinity for current course fees.
Payment terms and conditions are included in the International Student Handbook. Additionally a detailed payment plan and payment arrangements are provided in the letter of offer and written agreement which is provided to the student for their review and agreement prior to acceptance into the course. The agreement also includes details of additional fees and charges, which may be applicable.
International students are also required to take out Overseas Health Insurance Cover before arriving in Australia. Trinity Institute (Australia) provides details of OSHC providers in the International Student Handbook.
Additional costs associated with living in Australia are outlined in the International Student Handbook. Students should carefully review these costs in relation to budgeting. Further information can be found at https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/english/live-in-australia/living-costs.
Entry into this program requires International Students to fulfil requirements as listed below:
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Completed year 12 (or equivalent); or
- A Certificate III qualification or equivalent or above
- Minimum 5.5 IELTS academic score or equivalent.
NOTE: Trinity Institute (Australia) conducts an entry interview with all prospective students to confirm details and ensure the course selected is the most appropriate for their needs.
NOTE: International students are required to hold Overseas Student Health Insurance cover for the duration of the course
Delivery Methods And Assessments
This course is conducted with a blended learning model that includes face-to-face learning in classrooms and in simulated workplace environments, and also via interactive online learning.
Assessments are conducted using a variety of methods for theory and practical. At the beginning of each unit you will receive details of assessment tasks to be completed. Class sessions are planned to ensure that students have a mixture of practical and theoretical components and those classes cater for a wide variety of learning styles. Additionally, workplace practices and environments will be simulated within Trinity Institute (Australia) campuses and used to conduct skills based assessments in accordance with unit requirements.
Pathways For Students
Students are provided with advice on employment and training options throughout the delivery of the program.
After achieving the ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security) students may wish to continue their education into higher education qualifications in information and communications technologies.
To attain this qualification with a specialisation in cyber security, 16 units of competency must be successfully completed.
- ICTPMG612 – Manage ICT project initiation
- ICTSAD508 – Develop technical requirements for business solutions
- BSBPMG530 – Manage project scope
- BSBPMG430 – Undertake project work
- ICTICT608 – Interact with clients on a business level
- BSBTWK502 – Manage team effectiveness
- BSBXCS402 – Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- ICTICT618 – Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- BSBSTR601 – Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- ICTSAD609 – Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
- BSBCRT611 – Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- ICTCYS604 – Implement best practices for identity management
- ICTCYS606 – Evaluate an organisation’s compliance with cyber security standards and law
- ICTCYS608 – Perform cyber security risk assessments
- ICTCYS612 – Design and implement virtualised cyber security infrastructure for organisations
- ICTCLD602 – Manage information security compliance of cloud service deployment
WELCOME TO TRINITY INSTITUTE (AUSTRALIA)
At Trinity Institute (Australia), we are driven by our goal to empower our students to meet their full potential. We aim to do so by providing an effective learning environment that challenges and stimulates the minds of our students. We have found that learning is more effective when students enjoy themselves.
A college may be an academic entity, but its responsibilities go far beyond studies. Trinity Institute (Australia) recognises this, and endeavours to ensure that each and every student has the opportunity to develop themselves and become well-rounded individuals in the professional world. Our commitment to achieving this is evident in the strong work ethic of our teaching staff, our cultural mix and our emphasis on personal and academic development. We value the diverse background of our learners and demonstrate this in our teaching, curriculum and services.